Being yourself.

12:09 AM Nina S. Gooden 0 Comments

 Hi, all;

  I was thinking about all the different bits of my personality that make me, me. I freely acknowledge that I'm a bunch of confusing layers meshed into a more confusing cake of Nina, but who isn't? I feel like I've just found myself (which I imagine is very typical for my age) and for the most part I'm happy with who I am. On the other hand, I'm having a hard time shaking those individuals who can't accept the changes in my life and personality. I guess when you get comfortable knowing a person in one way you're not always able to deal with it when they're no longer like that.

 Still, that's not always a bad thing. I've grown more and more comfortable with finding people who understand and know this new me. The outcome? I end up with better, more balanced relationships. It's nice to be around people who like you without the mask of propriety you set up to be "acceptable." It's nice just to be my goofy, inappropriate self. It's nice to be yourself.

0 comments: