St. Patrick's Day.

10:41 AM Nina S. Gooden 0 Comments

It's a muggy, cloudy morning. The sun is blotted out by the heavy hand of dust that hangs in the Vegas skies. My cat roars a symphony of morning meows that wake everyone in the house. It's cold.


But I remember...and smile. Today is St. Patrick's Day and though I'm sure I don't have a drop of Irish blood in me, it's still a powerful holiday. Not because I'm going to go out drinking or slather myself in green clothing. Today is a good holiday because I am reminded of things my family and I did through the years. Be it that year my dad dyed everything (and I do mean everything) green when he made us breakfast, or the four consecutive years I found four-leaf clovers with my sisters.

No matter what the true meaning of a holiday, be it forgotten or not, it's a chance to make memories that can last for a lifetime. So, I hope you guys enjoy this holiday as much as I do!


0 comments: