A Novel Sprint!

11:42 AM Nina S. Gooden 0 Comments

Ellora's Cave is running a handful of submission calls that I didn't know about until yesterday. Since this is a rather big and well-recommended company, I'd like to have a submission for them...but I don't have anything readily available.

Because of this, I've decided to try my hand (again) at a novel sprint. It's always a little stressful because I know I can write the book in so few days, but the editing phase is pushed in with said work. That means it takes twice as long and I have to be extra careful with everything I put down on paper. Either way, I'm going to do my best!

This is the submission call I'm trying to beat:


Hex Appeal
Charm readers with stories about wanton witches, lusty warlocks and sizzling spells!
~ Length: 18K – 70K words
~ Deadline for internal submissions: June 15, 2012. Earlier is preferred.
~ Deadline for external submissions: May 15, 2012. Earlier is preferred.
~ Stories will release in October 2012


 I have my rough outline done, so here I go! I'm going to post my updates on Facebook, so if you want to tag along on this mad journey, you can find me at http://www.facebook.com/NSGooden!



My DeviantArt for this post is by Angie-chan from Brooklyn New York! Isn't that cool? You can find her profile here: http://paranoidfactors.deviantart.com/


ParanoidFactors, Angie. "Ice Witch." Stuck IN Reverse. DeviantArt, 18 Jan 2012. Web. 9 Mar. 2012. <http://paranoidfactors.deviantart.com/art/Ice-Witch-280159779?q=boost:popular sexy witch&qo=815>. 

0 comments: