My baby.

3:14 PM Nina S. Gooden 0 Comments



I like to think that I'm normal every once in a while. It's a farfetched little fantasy, but hey, it's mine. That's why when I think about my "baby" project, I always get these little warm fuzzies. Everyone has one of these projects. It's the story you've b een working on for so long. The one you're sure is going to be your "big break" in the industry.

I've had plenty of big breaks, all carefully cultivated with hard work and a ton of white-out, but Ash and Diamonds....Ash has always been my baby.

It's been finished since before my first publication. And by "finished" I mean...okay. It was an okay book. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it was crap. It was just...okay. But I loved the concept and the world I'd created so much that I couldn't settle for "okay." So it's been sitting on my to-do list, being rewritten here and there for years. Now, there's this contest (my constant motivator) and I've thrown myself into reworking my baby.

It's a big contest and it deserves a big novel.

Today I finally finished it to my liking. I hate to toot my own horn (ha!) but it is really good. Like...I opened it to start editing and got lost in reading it for a couple hours. It's good! I'm so excited. Even if I don't win this contest, I have something amazing to sub. This is the start of my YEAR!

I can feel it.

0 comments: