Skip to main content

[Review] Lidia's: Polish Sausage


Right after suffering through the flu, I rolled right into a couple of other problems, including an awesome tooth infection that ended in surgery. Because my body doesn't do anything small! Sadly, that means I fell behind with some of my posts, but I'm going to start catching up now. You guys can look forward to a few meal prep posts...we had...vary degrees of success with those. But enough about that. Onward, to the review!


Image result for lidia's fayetteville nc


On this day, Matt and I were looking for a quick lunch. We drive by Lidia's on our way to my dad's and since I like new, convenient places, we decided to give it a try. Besides, the prices displayed on the front of the building were nice and low, so who could resist?

The Walk-in:

Lidia's has its own parking lot, which has a lot of space. It's a small shop, though, so it has a similar "local" feel to it as Don Ramon's. That's because it is a local joint, rather than a chain. That means a lot to me these days, but my expectations are still pretty high. Home girl doesn't mess around with subpar food.

Orders:

Even though there were much cheaper combo options, both of us ordered The Deminiski Polish off the menu. It was $7.00, which was definitely not their lowest-price item, but I wanted it. The Polish came with grilled onions and mustard.

I also ordered a side of seasoned fries. Matt didn't because he wasn't "that hungry." The poor, poor fool.

Despite my lactose-intolerance, I ordered a chocolate malt (never let it be said that I am not willing to suffer for science). Matt ordered a strawberry one.

The Service:

Service is a HUGE portion of my ratings. I like to cook and most meals can be made at home. But when we go out, I expect it to be an experience. A bad experience will sour the nicest food. Lidia's doesn't have that problem. Not even close. The service here was phenomenal. There was only one man running the shop when we went in. I curse my memory because I can't remember his name, but I'm pretty sure he was the owner. I will definitely grab it and update this review during one of our many return visits. Anyway, this man was the best. He was warm and friendly, gave great recommendations, and was nice to the Spawn.

In fact, this is my first 5-star service rating for the year.

Matt, the extrovert of our group, had a whole conversation with this guy while he made our food. It was a nice, relaxed atmosphere and we felt more like we were in someone's kitchen than at a fast-food joint.

The Food:

"Greasy" street food isn't usually my jam, so the family doesn't get to have it often. However, that's going to have to change. The food here was incredible! Matt devoured his sausage and gave puppy eyes at my fries. I shared with him, because that's love, but I didn't want to.






Malts are one of my weaknesses. These were also great, though the price was steep compared to the readily available milkshakes I could have gotten somewhere else. Still, in combination with the grease from the sausage and the salt from the seasoning on the fries? Heaven.


Lidia's has only been open for a couple of months, but I expect to see the restaurant quite a bit. It's got a lot of room to grow, with high-quality, fun food and great service. My ooooonly complaint has more to do with the style of restaurant than the food or service. I just can't eat as much oil as my menfolk, so I repeated visits will limit my options. Will definitely be going again!

Ratings:
Matt:  7/10
Nina:  9.5/10

Cost Verdict: $27; 30% tip.

Was this place a good bang for the buck? 
Matt and I are always a little more willing to splurge. We could have definitely gone for cheaper items on this menu, but the service was so enchanting, we decided to go for it. We also left a bigger tip that we'd typically give. Essentially, this meal became a date, rather than a quick lunch, so the price was well worth it to us.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Captain's Log, Occupation day 10

Teh'byab  continues to harass and belittle the crew by insisting on releasing the most heinous of gas in the middle of meals. Hours of careful planning go into the timing of those meals and they are constantly interrupted by  Teh'byabian ceremonial  old man face when the monstrous species realize they have allowed their flatulence to go too far. Our suffering is not in vain, though, for we have gleaned valuable information from these events.  Teh'byab  appear to be unable to relieve themselves and eat simultaneously. Perhaps the crew and I can use this information to our advantage.

Plans for 2019

Last year, I made a not-so resolution about mental health. By this time last year, 2018 was already looking like it could have been a rough one. I'd decided then that the most important thing I had to do in order to keep from going insane was to take time. Last year's resolution was all about mental wellness, setting realistic goals, and remembering to breathe. We did all of that--me and the crew--and I believe we were much happier for it. I may not have made my fitness goals, but I sure as hell cut myself a lot more slack than I would have in the past. Last year, I was all about reminding myself that mental health is just as important as physical health. This year, I hope to do much of the same. I'm going to try to get back into yoga. A couple years ago, I was practicing four times a week and loving every sweaty, shaky hour. Since then, I've taken less care of myself and my time. That needs to change. I'm reactivating my Down Dog app and trying to remember t...